8/02/2011

Momma Knows Best

This afternoon's heat index of 104 degrees had me searching for a food joint where I could seek refuge from the sun and cool down with an ice cold sweet tea and small snack.  Without hesitation I proceeded to head to one of my favorite retreats over the past 3 years -  Momma Goldberg's Deli .  Home of the famous "Momma's Love" sandwich and some of the best sweet tea on the southern plains, this deli offers up one of the most unique and delicious snacks I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.  Never to be imitated nor replicated and always to be appreciated, I introduce you to "Momma's Nachos" :


Allow me to describe the wonder that is pictured above.  They take a snack size bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos, place them on a sheet of foil (pictured), toss on a handful of Jalapeño slices, cover in pepperjack cheese squares, and place in a Nacho Steamer (actual picture from MGD) for several seconds, and then you get this tasty treat...  Accompanied by a refreshing sweet tea and this dynamic duo is a match made in snack heaven.

YUM!

Hope you babes enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed eating it :)

---AB

1 comment:

  1. MOMMA! so delicious. nachos out of Doritos? and how much are you gonna miss sweet tea? xo

    ReplyDelete